The South High Band Program seeks to guide students to cherish music and find greater meaning in their lives by becoming:
- Independent musicians who are able to read and execute the music they wish to play throughout their lives.
- Musically literate in order to be informed, well-rounded listeners of many genres.
- Passionate enough about music to be the concert audience of today and tomorrow.
- Appreciative citizens who support music and musicians in our culture.
- Musicians who are accomplished and generous enough to contribute as instrumentalists, in civic, social, and worship organizations, according to their wishes and lifestyles.